Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Writing to Companies

My favorite coupons are the ones that companies send you when you write them.  I wish I had more time to write companies, and I wish that I remembered to do it when I had time.
When I write I either compliment the company on one of it's products, tell them that I would like to try a product, or complain about a problem with a product.  I always ask outright for coupons, unless I am complaining and then I ask the company to contact me about my concerns.  I wanted to share my most recent experience:
When my mom was here visiting she bought some muffin mix.  Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix to be exact.  When she went to make the muffins for her darling grandchildren, she discovered that all of the chocolate was one solid mass.  She was able to break it apart but the outcome was not as great as it could have been.  This is obviously not how this product is supposed to arrive at the store or at my house.  So I saved the box, in order to have the Product Code, and when I had time a few days later I wrote to General Mills (owner of Betty Crocker).  I always just use the online "Contact Us" form on the company websites.  It is easy and fast.  Good ol' Betty contacted me the next day and apologized for the inconvenience and said they were sending a coupon to replace the product.  I received my coupons in the mail today:
One Free Box of Betty Crocker Muffin Mix
$1 off One package of any General Mills Food Product
2 $0.35 off One package of any General Mills Food Product

Woo Hoo!  Fortunately for me, I live in a place where all coupons are worth $1 at most stores.  Plus the coupons don't expire until the end of 2013.  With a sale it looks like I should be able to get 4 products for free or really cheap!  Thanks General Mills!

I don't always get coupons when I write, but I would predict that more than half of the time I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment