Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How Do I Do It?

I wish I could say that I am some genius couponer that has all of her coupons organized in such a way that as soon as a deal happens I can immediately bring the coupon to the forefront of my mind and match it with the awesome deal.  But alas, that is not the case.
I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area and am fortunate that there is a local blogger who does all the coupon matchups for the local grocery stores.  That means she takes all of the current sales and matches them with coupons in the newspaper and even coupons that you can print at home.  She also posts other deals from Amazon and for local restaurants.  The web address is:
www.thecentsableshoppin.com
So basically each week I take the grocery store matchups that she posts, and decide what items I would like to purchase.  I cut the coupons that I need from the newspaper, print them, order them from a clipping service, or trade for them with people on the Cents'able Shoppin facebook page.  Then I go shopping.
It takes quite a bit of time to do all of the things that I listed in the short paragraph above.  I miss a lot of deals too because I have three small children and don't have the time to run to the store every time a deal is posted and get there before all the other couponers.  One thing I have learned, couponing in Arizona is competitive, so don't be too disappointed if someone beat you to it.
I will try to do another post sometime about a Day/Week in the Life of a Couponer to explain how I do it with three little kids at home.  But I hope this helps some people who are just getting started and had questions.  Always comment if you have a question and I will be happy to answer it.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment