Friday, November 16, 2012

November--Week 3

Another week of shopping has come and gone.  This was a bit of an off week for me, I had such high hopes, and then when I got to the store nothing seemed to go right.  That just happens sometimes.  We are also going out of town for Thanksgiving and so I didn't need much for meals and whatnot.  But here is what I got:
2 boxes Ritz crackers
2 boxes Onion Soup mix
2 stalks celery (preschool snacks)
1 loaf of bread
1 carton whipping cream
1 4-cup bag of walnuts
1 jar pasta sauce
1 jar kalamata olives
1 bag carrots
1.5 pounds oranges
1.5 pounds apples
5 pounds bananas
2 packs batteries
1 package sliced cheese
1 pack Alexia sweet potato fries
1 pack Alexia seasoned fries
1 pack Alexia garlic bread

My total out of pocket was $23.05 and I saved $52.86.  I had another ecoupon that did not come off for my produce.  So next time I am at Fry's I will just swing by customer service and get those $2 back.  No biggie.
All of the Alexia products, in addition to the pasta sauce, olives, and cheese, I got for free from a BzzKit (I have posted about being a BzzAgent before).
I came in way under budget this week.  I had to swing by Safeway to get some milk (2 gallons) and some eggs.  Since I learned that Hostess is going out of business, and I am a snack cake fanatic, we got 2 bags of Donettes (Reese wanted to try to 'white ones') and a box of Ding Dongs.  That trip was obviously a total splurge, but it only cost $12.25.  So even with that little trip I was still under budget this week <sigh of relief>.
I am glad this one is over and am looking forward to a better trip after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment